Friday, April 15, 2016

Papa Barnard

Fun fact of the day:
I recently confessed how when I opened the south JB strange coincidences would happen that led me to believe this was my calling. Here is another one of those coincidences.
Many of you have asked "WTF is with the weird old infomercial playing in the Green Room?"....well, let me tell you.


I was at a flea market shopping for decor and vintage stuff to decorate the JB with and I was talking with my husband about how I needed to purchase the Vita-Mix's for the smoothies. About 20 minutes later I stumbled upon an old chrome blender that looked really cool and I thought I could use it as decoration. When I picked it up it was a FREAKING VITAMIX! It was old but I didn't know how old so I paid $40 for it and carried it away. On the way home I tried to do my research and figure out how old this thing might be and after a while I was able to determine that I had just walked away with the first ever generation of Vita-mix's! Upon further investigation, I found the infomercial and learned that the Vita-Mix infomercial starring Vita-Mix's founder, affectionately called Papa Barnard is considered the FIRST EVER INFOMERCIAL from 1950!!! Considering that Vita-Mix had been on my mind for weeks prior and I stumbled across one of the first machines ever made and it also happened to have a vintage infomercial for a juice bar I planned to fill with vintage stuff, the 'weird black & white commercial playing on a loop' is a reminder to myself of what I believe to be my calling: making healthy options available to a community I love.
That Vitamix has its place sitting on the corner shelf above your heads in the Green Room. ðŸ˜Š
Happy Weekend everyone!
Also, if you turn the volume up (or google it) it's HILARIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment